Choose your Version
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Datacenter Edition
Windows Server Datacenter Edition requires all physical cores to be licensed in order to run unlimited Virtual Machines (or Windows Hyper-V containers).
- Minimum 8 Core Licenses required per Processor
- Core licenses are sold in packs of 2
Select your Currency
Host Server 1
Input number of physical processors in the host server
Input total number of physical cores per processor
(Minimum 8 Cores required per Processor)
Physical cores per processor
Base License Required
Windows Server® 2016 Datacenter (2 core)
1Pricing effective to December 31, 2019 only
- The number of ‘Required’ licenses are suggested. The actual combination of Required licenses are at the discretion of the Partner, so long as the minimum core licensing requirements are met.
- This calculator is for informational purposes only and is subject to change. It cannot be considered a source of definitive licensing guidance or costs. Product licensing, program licensing, costs and business rules are subject to change.
- Pricing is for budgetary purposes only. Microsoft can increase prices once a year on Jan 1. Microsoft has announced an increase for Windows Core Licensing Jan 1, 2019 of +10%
- The pricing contained herein are provided to you for illustrative purposes and approximations only, and should not be considered or relied upon as the actual or potential costs. DXC Technology MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, AS TO THE INFORMATION IN THIS CALCULATOR